Saturday 12 December 2015

Short Story Saturday: Miracle on 34th and Peltzer

Subscriber copies of the bumper Christmas issue of 2000AD have arrived through festive postboxes the country over today. This year the prog just has a normal number, rather than being numbered after the year, but that aside, it's still 100 pages of festive F, SF and WTF fun.

In previous years, the Christmas edition of 2000AD's sister title The Judge Dredd Megazine has featured a Judge Dredd short story by Yours Truly. This year I have also written a festive Dredd - but it's appearing in Prog 1961 instead! :-)

The story - entitled Miracle on 34th and Peltzer - returns to the same location as last year's You'd Better Be Good For Goodness' Sake but is a very different beast. Rather than being a seasonal ghost story about a festive fiend, this time I've gone for something a lot more comic in tone that harks back to the early days of 2000AD. I hope Tooth readers enjoy it.

 My first short story in 2000AD! :-) Can you tell I'm pleased? ;-)

Liking the font choice here. :-)

And I'm in good company in Prog 1961. The comic also features the work of m'colleagues Dan Abnett, Gordon Rennie, Tiernen Trevallion (who illustrated my short story The Plague Pit in Inferno! magazine and who is hopefully going to be contributing to Shakespeare Vs Cthulhu), Clint Langley (who was responsible for the cover of my first novel The Dead and the Damned back in 2002), and Simon Davis (who illustrated my short story Mark of the Beast in Inferno! magazine).


No comments: